Samson MTR231a Microphone & Access
Samson MTR231a Microphone & AccessDetails
The Samson MTR231a Condenser Microphone offers exceptional audio quality for any live or recording situation. Featuring a wide dynamic range and the ability to handle high SPLs, the MTR231a is perfect for close up miking, vocals, use as a room microphone and more.
Product Ref: 37378View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Samson MTR231a is ideal for use in both live and studio situations. From aggressive guitar cabinets and drums to vibrant pianos, winds and other preferred instruments, the MTR231a is designed to faithfully reproduce a diverse range of instrument tones. Featuring three selectable pickup-patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional; the MTR231a will be the most versatile tool in the studio.
Use the cardiod pattern for any vocal performance where excellent rear-rejection is needed or use it as the "Mid" mic in a Mid-Side stereo setup. Whether your tracking one vocalist or the mic is surrounded on all sides by an ensemble of singers, the omnidirectional setting is ideal for capturing the ambiance of a great-sounding room. Lastly, bidirectional pattern can be used to isolate two sound sources, one or both being vocals (two vocalists, a singer-guitarist, etc.). And with a wide 20Hz-20kHz frequency response, the MTR231a can capture the most dynamic of voices with ease.
The large, 1-inch gold-sputtered diaphragm studio condenser microphone offers a smooth, extended frequency response, as well as low self-noise and a wide dynamic range perfect for recording. It also has a 10db attenuation switch for handling ulta-high levels and is capable of handling up to 134dB. Handling noise and external vibrations are reduced due to it's internally shock-mounted capsule. This rugged die cast MTR231a mic is bundled with a pop filter, shock-mount and protective carry case.
- Dual large, 1-inch gold-sputtered diaphragm studio condenser microphone
- Three selectable pickup patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional (figure-8)
- Smooth, extended frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz
- Low self-noise, wide dynamic range perfect for modern digital recording
- Handles high SPLs of up to 134dB
- 10db attenuation switch handles ultra-high SPLs
- Internally shock-mounted capsule minimizes touch noise
- Rugged die cast construction
- Includes pop filter, shockmount and carry case
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8 (bi-directional)
- Cardioid: -37 dB/Pa ±3 dB
- Omnidirectional: -39 dB/Pa ±3 dB
- Figure-8: -33 dB/Pa ±3 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB
- Dynamic Range: 118 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Output Impedance: 50Ω ±30% @ 1 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB
- Phantom Power Requirement: 48V
- Dimensions (ø x L): 2.1 x 7.6" (54 x 192 mm)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.