Fender American Vintage '56 Stratocaster, Black
Fender American Vintage '56 Stratocaster, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 29336View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
American Vintage ‘56
The American Vintage ’56 is a recreation of a model from the era that birthed rock and roll, offering the same design and specifications that made the Stratocaster one of the most loved guitars of today. 1956 was the year Fender switched body wood from ash to alder, except for white blonde finished models, and cementing the classic balanced tone associated with Fender. The ‘’U’’ shaped neck was also swapped from a soft ‘’V’’ shape which was one of the most popular Stratocaster necks. 1956 also brought alnico magnet pickups to the Stratocaster, along with the modern butterfly-like string retainer.
Solid Alder Body
A solid alder body is used on the Stratocaster, a wood that Fender prominently used in the 50’s and 60’s, delivering a strong, full bodied tone that has plenty of clarity to let the notes sing. The tonewood provides a decent amount of sustain, creating bright, sizzling highs, excellently rounded lows, and beefy mids. The ’56 Stratocaster is also fitted with an American Vintage synchronised tremolo, allowing the guitar to create incredible pitch bends and dive bombs while keeping the strings stable and in tune.
Maple Neck & Fingerboard
The guitar's solid maple neck and fingerboard provide the Stratocaster with bright characteristics, tightening up the guitar's sound and giving it plenty of cut. The maple delivers a powerfully sharp punch when the strings are hit hard whilst still retaining its clarity, allowing each note to sing. The neck and fingerboard work together to provide the guitar with sizzling highs and firm lows, while its midrange features a snappy attack.
American Vintage ’56 Pickups
The Stratocaster features the specifically voiced ’56 American vintage pickups, which are designed with the same spec and tooling as pickups on the 1956 model to deliver a truly vintage tone. The pickups feature Alnico III magnets and heavy Formvar wire to deliver a meaty fullness to the overall tone, giving the Stratocaster plenty of depth to play around with. The combination between a humbucker and single coil pickups offers a range of tonal possibilities, and the addition of a 5-way pickup selector provides excellent tone shaping.
The American Vintage Series
The American Vintage series of guitars takes classic Fender models from key years between the mid-50s and 60s and gives them a new lease of life. These exciting models delve deep into Fender's roots, displaying real vintage accuracy. With original tooling dies, newly voiced pickups and reformulated vintage colours based on the actual period models, Fender have brought a series of guitars that have all the class and style of the originals matched with the best of modern day technology.
- Model Number: 0111502806
- Series: American Vintage
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Shape: Stratocaster
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo
- Construction: Bolt-On Vintage Style
- Finish: Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: Thick Soft ‘’V’’
- Scale Length: 25.5’’ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Radius: 7.25’’ (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21 Vintage Style
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage ’56 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage ’56 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage ’56 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, 2 x Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Position 1: Bridge
- Position 2: Bridge & Middle
- Position 3: Middle
- Position 4: Middle & Neck
- Position 5: Neck
- Tuning Machines: Single Line “Fender Deluxe” Vintage Style
- Control Knobs: Eggshell
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Hardware: Chrome/Nickel-Plated Steel
Strings & Accessories
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS (.010 – .046 Gauges)
- Case Included: Updated Deluxe Vintage Tweed Hardshell
- Vintage ’56 Strat Strap, Cable, and Cloth
- Vintage 3-Position Switch
- ’50s Strat Information Kit
- Bridge Cover
- Saddle Height Wrench
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.