Akai MPX16 Sample Recorder and Player
Akai MPX16 Sample Recorder and PlayerDetails
The Akai MPX16 is both portable and powerful making it reliable for live performance and adept for studio situations. Like the popular MPX8, samples are triggered internally from the highly responsive MPC-style pads or an external MIDI device via USB-MIDI and 3.5mm (1/8-inch) MIDI inputs. Also incorporating a built in microphone and feature-packed MIDI pad controller, the MPX16 is equally capable of launching and capturing clips or adding trigger pads to a producer's studio.
Product Ref: 46200View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Simple Sampler with SD Compatibility
The MPX16 is an advanced sample player with sixteen backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. With it, musicians, producers and performers can trigger sound samples stored on standard SD or SDHC cards. Insert the SD card, assign its contents to any of the MPX16?s pads, and go. At home in the studio as part of a producer's rig or on stage as a solution for triggering critical sounds, MPX16 is a compact sampling powerhouse.
Inputs and Outputs
While the hyper-responsive trigger pads and backlit display make tapping into your sample library a simple task, the integrated audio inputs empower you to add to it. Two 6.3mm jacks let you connect your studio gear or other sound sources to the MPX16 for sample capture. On board editing tools provide sample trimming and pad assignment for immediate synergy into a production or performance. Use the headphone jack to monitor your captures, or send the audio to a mixer, monitors or a recording interface using the 1/4 inch main outputs. A built-in mic provides immediate sample capture for those times when inspiration strikes whilst a dedicated Record Gain knob ensures you get the level just right.
USB & MIDI Connectivity
The full-size USB port lets you drag and drop samples from your computer and even use the MPX16 as an SD card reader/writer. The USB connection also provides a pipeline for MIDI data, enabling sample triggering from your DAW or computer-based sequencer. A 5-pin MIDI input means SD samples may be triggered from any MIDI-enabled gear such as keyboards, pad controllers, synths and electronic drums. A 5-pin MIDI output lets the MPX16 function as a dynamic pad controller.
- Compact and portable DJ sampler and player
- Record and play back stereo WAV samples using any SD card (sold separately)
- 16 Velocity-sensitive MPC-style backlit pads for sample-triggering and finger drumming
- Sample via 1/4-inch (6.3mm) stereo inputs or on board stereo microphone
- Filter, tune, envelope, and choke grouping on each pad for dynamic performances
- Pro-quality sampling and playback with up to 16-bit/48 kHz resolution
- MIDI In/Out easily integrates MPX16 into your performance or studio setup
- Acts as a MIDI Controller or an SD card reader for loading sounds over USB (selectable on startup)
- Powered over USB or with the included power supply
- Includes MPX File Conversion Utility software (download) for quick conversion and loading of audio files from your computer
- Internal Sound Engine: Sample Playback and Record
- Pads: 16 x Velocity Sensitive
- Effects: Reverb
- Display: Monochromatic LCD (Backlit)
- Knobs: 5 x 360° Encoders, 2 x 270° Encoders
- Polyphony: 64 Voices Total
- Sample Tuning: +/- 12 Semitones
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" Jack, 1 x 5-Pin MIDI
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Jack, 1 x 1/4" Headphone, 1 x 5-Pin MIDI
- USB: USB - MIDI (In/Out)
- Additional Media Storage: SD (Sold Separately)
- Power Input: 5.8V DC / 860mA (USB)
- Height: 1.2"
- Width: 11.6"
- Depth: 5.8"
- Weight: 0.68 Kg
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.