Korg Monotron Duo Analog Ribbon Synthesizer
Korg Monotron Duo Analog Ribbon SynthesizerDetails
Product Ref: 23098View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Korg Monotron Duo has two oscillators delivering a more extreme sound. Tune them in unison for a rich, thick analog tone or in intervals for classic solo sounds and generating new effects. The X-MOD (cross modulation) circuit can introduce a mild or razor-sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth.
The Duo had a ribbon controller keyboard that features a Scale function which selects one of four scales - Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by simply sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
The distinctive tone of an analog filter (VCF) can dramatically alter and enrich the sound. The monotron DUO uses the same highly acclaimed VCF circuit as KORG's classic MS-10 and MS-20 semi modular synthesizers. The VCF Cutoff knob sets the frequency or tone of the filter; the VCF Peak knob adds emphasis. A powerful filter is an essential aspect of any analog synthesizer, applying dramatic tonal changes to the sound, and projecting an intense personality that will stand out in any live performance.
Fully Patchable Filter
The input jack (AUX input) built into the Monotron Duo's compact body allow you to place any audio source into the signal path, directly before the analog filter. This provides a great way to connect a Kaossilator, a guitar, or a digital audio player to the monotron and enjoy tone-bending filter effects.
Compact and Portable
A miniature speaker is built into the monotron Duo. Along with the battery operation and compact size, this feature allows you to enjoy the monotron's analog synthesis sound with your friends, anywhere, at any time. There's also a headphone output that you can use when practicing in private, creating sounds at home, recording, or for connecting to an amplifier or PA system.
- Two analog oscillators (VCO) with individual tunings
- Edgy X-MOD circuit borrowed from Korg's classic Mono/Poly
- Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use
- Synthesizer structure: 2 VCOs with X-Mod; 1 VCF
- Switches: Standby / VCO1 / VCO1+2, Scale Select Button: (Chromatic -> Major -> Minor -> Off)
- Knobs: VCO1 Pitch, X-MOD Int., VCO2 Pitch, VCF Cutoff, VCF Peak
- Controller: Ribbon Controller
- Volume: Headphone Volume
- Aux Input: 1/8" Stereo Jack
- Headphone Output: 1/8" Stereo Jack
- Speaker: Miniature Internal; Disabled when headphones are in use
- Power Supply: AAA batteries (x2), recommended alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 120 mm x 72 mm x 28 mm / 4.72" x 2.83" x 1.10"
- Weight: 95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
- Accessories: AAA batteries x2 (for verifying operation)
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.