View Full Description
Pitch Perfect with the Portable VT-12
As you sing, the Roland VT-12 uses its easy-view illuminated pitch meter to display your accuracy, brightening as you approach the correct pitch and darkening as you move further away. a great tool for vocal teachers, you can also listen to the correct pitch as guidance and when you sing this note correctly the note name will appear.
Practice a duet and the Roland VT-12 will detect the two voices simultaneously and display the note names. The three pitch-detection modes Mono Equal, Chord Equal and Chord Just allow you to choose what you wish the Roland VT-12 to detect. This is the perfect tool for duets, choirs or a cappella groups to check their harmonies.
As well as checking pitch the Roland VT-12 can also help you perfect your timing. the built-in metronome is easy to use, just select the tempo manually or with tap tempo. The tuner feature and metronome can work simultaneously providing you with a complete practice tool.
Vocal Lessons and Training
The publishing division of the highly respected Berklee College of Music, Berklee Press, have devised a book and accompanying audio tracks which are included with the Roland VT-12 vocal trainer. The vocal workouts are designed to teach physical stretches, breath control, vocal care whilst the warm-ups include key slides and descending fifth runs. The built-in practice songs include guide vocals and backing tracks in a variety of genres whilst minus-one backing tracks and multiple harmony pieces allow you to practice all your skills. For some of the exercises the Roland VT-12 is able to display the guide pitch and your pitch simultaneously.
World standard Concone Op. 9 Fifty Lessons classical voice exercises are also loaded onto the Roland VT-12. Each of the 50 lessons includes guide melodies and piano accompaniments fpor medium voice. if you prefer, you can turn off the guide melody and sing solo with the piano tracks.
Expand the VT Experience
It is easy to integrate extra devices into your vocal practice using the Roland VT-12's recording feature. Connect an MP3 or CD player to the REC In (stereo mini) jack and import your own content to one of the 10 memory locations. Each slot has up to 10 minutes of recording time. The Roland VT-12's user friendly systems make recording incredibly easy and allow you to record your voice over your user tracks and evaluate your performance with the Review button.
"The Roland VT-12 is an ideal integration of a tuner, recorder, metronome, and a comprehensive vocal method. The Roland VT-12 contains all of the elements required for vocal training in an easy-to-use, handheld device. There are a lot of different tools for other instrumentalists, but there's nothing like the Roland VT-12 because this is particularly for singers, and I think it's an indispensable tool for vocal training for teachers and students alike."
Anne Peckham, Chair, Voice Department, Berklee College of Music
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 2
- DoReMi sheet
- Owner's manual
- Practice guide
- Track List
- Tuning Range: C2 (65.4 Hz) to A5 (880.0 Hz)
- Tuning Accuracy: +/-1 cent
- Reference Tone: Reference Pitch A4 = 415 to 465 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Tempo: 30 to 250
- Accuracy: +/-0.1
- Track length: Maximum 10 minutes (per track)
- Number of tracks: Maximum 10 tracks
- Nominal Input Level: REC IN jack: 0 dBu
- Input Impedance: REC IN jack: 9.5 k ohms
- Output Level: OUTPUT/PHONES jack: 15 mW + 15 mW (In case 16 ohms load)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 16 ohms or greater
- Speaker: Mono
- Connectors: OUTPUT/PHONES jack (Stereo miniature phone type) REC IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type) DC IN jack
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED) Pitch indicator
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) or Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 2, AC adaptor (PSB-6U: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 380 mA
- Expected battery life: Under continuous use - Alkaline (AA, LR6): Approx. 6 hours
- Width: 70 mm 2-13/16 inches
- Depth: 134 mm 5-5/16 inches
- Height: 28 mm 1-1/8 inches
- Weight: 150 g 0 lbs. 6 oz. * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 3 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.