View Full Description
8-Channel Multitrack Audio Recorder & Mixer
The F8N is the perfect companion for any audio/visual professional. The 8-channel design allows you to capture multiple microphone recordings at once. The 8 discrete inputs featuring Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors with integrated locking. The locks ensure your microphone will not come out, even under demanding conditions. This ensures you capture the perfect take every time. The XLR/TRS combo inputs can be used for a variety of mics from condensers to booms and everything in between. This makes it ideal for professional work, allowing you to connect multiple mics for high-end audio.
It is also capable of recording 360-audio with the F8n’s Ambisonics mode. This mode features A and B decoding as well as a customised metering screen. This allows you to create immersive sound, providing a versatile sound stage that puts the listener in the middle of your sound.
Premium-Grade Mic Preamps
Accompanying the 8 discrete inputs are high-end mic pres. The F8N’s custom microphone preamps feature a super-low noise floor. This provides optimised audio fidelity, eliminating any hiss from connected mics. The high gain (up to 75dB) allows you to record high-level sources, ideal for location recording where levels can reach high volumes. The mic/line levels are also a selectable for both the XLR and TRS inputs.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
One of the most unique features is the advanced look-ahead hybrid limiters. These custom limiters provide overload protection, no matter the source. The limiter works by adding a 1 millisecond delay. This eliminates clipping before its recorded, ensuring you capture the perfect take. The limiter is available for all 8 channels simultaneously. It provides 10 to 20dB of headroom, which is highly useful when it comes to mixing and mastering audio.
Integrated High-Pass Filter, Phase Invert & Mid-Side Decoder
You can also shape your sound before post-production using the handy integrated controls. Accompanying the hybrid limiters is a high-quality high-pass filter. This is included to reduce the sound of wind and unwanted outside noise. Phase inversion and mid-side decoding is also included for maximum compatibility and performance value.
Versatile File Formats & Meta Data
The F8N boasts support for class-leading audio formats. The F8N record in BWF-compatible WAV format, ranging up to 24-bit resolution for maximum accuracy. The sample rates range up to 192kHz. You can also record in MP3, with a selectable bit rate ranging between 128 and 320 kbps. Metadata entry is available, allowing you to input a track name, scene names notes and more for various takes.
AutoMix™ and Time Coding
The custom AutoMix technology is a virtual sound editor. The AutoMix software adjusts your levels automatically, helping to reduce ambient noise for a well-balanced mix.
Time coding has also been taken to the next level. The F8N includes a Temperature Compensated Cyrstal Oscillator (XCO) generating a time code at 0.2ppm for unparalled accuracy.
Compact Design With Backlit LCD Screen
The compact and highly robust design makes the F8N highly portable. The highly durable chassis is reinforced with metal places with integrated handles. This ensures it can withstand the wear and tear of live location recording. It features a dedicated headphone with front-panel volume control for quick and easy monitoring. The 2.4-inch full-colour backlit LCD screen provides all the vital information on your settings, even in low-light conditions.
The unit is also compatible with Zoom microphone capsules. The dedicated PFL display provides viewable trim settings at glance. The field recorder also doubles up as a 8-in/4-out USB audio interface, recording at 96kHz. Additionally, you can squire the free Zomm F8 Control App for iOS for wireless control.
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Compact and lightweight aluminium chassis
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility;
- 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and up to 0.2 ppm when powered off) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ?" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- 2.4" full-colour backlit LCD with monochromatic mode
- Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
- Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry